Infection Prevention and Control
The Infection Prevention and Control online training course has been designed to give you a practical understanding about how to prevent, control and manage infection when providing healthcare and supporting services.
Following successful completion of this course, it is expected that learners will have a greater understanding of how to minimise the risk of infection when carrying out day-to-day healthcare tasks as well as learn the proper disposal and handling methods of numerous medical appliances.
The prevention of infection is not only essential in health and safety environments but in all areas that contain a large number of people. The skills gained from doing this course will be of benefit to any organisation that wants to keep its staff healthy and productive.
In addition to the skills and knowledge gained in the course, the learner will understand:
- What a Healthcare Associated Infection (HCAI) is and how it’s transmitted
- The principles of infection prevention and control
- Current hand hygiene procedures
Learning outcomes that will come as a result of doing the course include:
- Learning the proper way to handle and dispose of sharp medical instruments
- Learning how to use, handle and clean equipment
- Understanding different ways to minimilaise the risk of infection posed by care support workers
This course is designed for all health and social care staff.
$38.50 (AUD) per subscription