Identifying, Reporting and Responding to the Abuse of Older People in Care
This course has been developed to provide learners with an understanding of how to identify, report and respond to the abuse of older people who are in a care relationship.
This course will provide an understanding of:
- background to and the definitions and prevalence of the abuse of older people in Australia
- types of abuse most commonly experienced by older people
- requirements for the reporting of abuse of an older person in your care
- roles and responsibilities of staff around the abuse of a person in their care
- barriers to staff reporting suspected and actual abuse, and
- actions to take if there is imminent threat to an older person.
The course features:
- Adaptics - Kineo's 'smart technology'
- mobile responsive
- professional audio
- animation and interactivity
- WCAG 2.0 accessibility
- assessments, and
- a certificate of completion.
This course is suitable for professionals who provide care to older people in Australia.
$38.50 (AUD) per subscription